Epworth Church offers three ministries which provide fresh produce, and non-perishable items to food-insecure households throughout the community. We partner with the Mid Ohio Foodbank and other friends of the church who donate resources. Monetary donations are always welcome, and can be made through the “Supporting Epworth” page. Food donations can be dropped off at the church during office hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.- 1 p.m.
Epworth’s food pantry provides a 3-day supply of groceries to folks Monday through Thursday each week. We are able to serve our neighbors who meet current income guidelines.
If you qualify to use the pantry, make an appointment by calling 211. That’s Hands On Central Ohio, the resources clearinghouse for Franklin County. HandsOn will send your information to Epworth. We will then call you to arrange a time to pick up your food. You may use the pantry twice each month.
The pantry served around 500 families, (over 1,600 individuals) during 2018.
2019 marked 43 years of service for Epworth’s Food Pantry. Through November 2019, a total of 492 households were served, representing 1,745 individuals.
Due to COVID-19 Pandemic and social distancing guidelines, food pantry is closed until further notice. Thank you.
Epworth offers fresh produce markets to the community from April through October. The markets occur on the second Tuesday afternoon of each month, except in June. They are in Epworth’s north parking lot, rain or shine.
The markets are open to any household which meets current income guidelines. Please bring containers or bags with you to carry your food home.
In 2018, Epworth distributed 28.3 tons of produce during the 6 markets. More than 4,700 people were served during that time.
For 2019, Epworth hosted 6 produce markets, distributed 26 tons of produce to 997 households, and served 3,847 people.
Produce Market info for 2020:
- Epworth plans to host 5 produce markets, June through October.
- Each market will occur on the second Tuesday of the month (just like last year).
- The next Produce Market is planned for Tuesday, September 8, 2020. Due to the COVID-19 coronavirus, this market will be conducted by drive-through method and NOT an open market as in the past. Registration will begin at 1 p.m. in the south parking lot. People will remain in their vehicles and food items will be placed in the trunk or back seat, whichever is preferred. It is asked that there is adequate room in the vehicles to place the food items.
- Markets will be open until 5 p.m. or whenever the produce is gone.
- Photo ID is required at each Produce Market
- During this pandemic period, eligibility to shop the markets has changed. Until further notice, households are eligible when they earn no more than 230% of the federal poverty level.
Street ministry serves people who are homeless, as well as food-insecure households in community.
Since 2013, Epworth has taken to the streets every Thursday with its free “mobile food market” to distribute food to our neighbors in need in the community.
During 2018, the ministry delivered 19 tons of fresh food to an average of 375 people every month.
For 2019, Street Ministry distributed 26.3 tons of food and served 7,934 people during the 50 weeks it was in operation last year.
The mobile market operates within the boundaries of Dublin-Granville Rd. on the north, Oakland Park to the south, Westerville Rd. on the east, and I-71 to the west. Current income levels apply for this ministry, as well, but if people are hungry, we give them food!
Due to COVID-19 Pandemic and social distancing guidelines, street ministry deliveries are postponed until further notice. Thank you.